Saturday, February 2, 2008

Waiting and hoping

We received an update from our agency to let us know that applications continue to be accepted for the Vietnam program. They continue to encourage the US and Vietnam governments to resolve the issues of concern that will ensure ethical adoption practices in Vietnam.

Today I am optimistic that a new agreement will be reached. There are 7 months left until the agreement expires and I am hopeful that will be sufficient time for resolution.

In the mean time, I will continue to prepare as I have been - reading books concerning attaching in adoption, transracial issues, tips on parenting, the guide book from my agency, and waiting for the approval for our I600A. Oh, and going thru the book of 60,000 baby names.

1 comment:

Stevens Family said...

Glad to hear of your latest update. It's so much fun looking at the baby names book. Hopefully you'll be selecting a name before you know it ;)