I took the morning off of work to finish up our dossier. A dossier consists of employment letters, physician letters, clearance from our local police, marriage certificate, copies of our passports, photos for our visas, commitments, applications, acceptance of adoption, photos of us, and our home, and our homestudy. The documents are notarized then certified by the state. The documents then go to our agency for review, after which the documents are translated into Vietnamese and sent to Vietnam for processing. Typically this is done after the acceptance of a referral, however, our agency has changed the process and therefore we are completing this task in advance of a referral.
I am still waiting for John's employment letter from Ohio however I decided to go ahead and send in everything else now. So I went to the police department and picked up the clearance letters that we requested last Wednesday after we went to the doctor's office for our physician letter. After the police department I picked up some pictures from Walgreen's and then decided that one of the pictures would be included in our dossier instead of one I had already taped to the paper. Then on to Secretary of State. It was so nice to find out that Michigan has created "Secretary of State Supercenters" where people can go to have documents authenticated. Instead of driving an hour to Lansing, I drove 10 minutes to the closest "Supercenter." I was in and out in 30 minutes. Then off to Kinko's to make 3 copies of everything. Then I went home to redo the photos and organize the sets of documents and type up a quick cover letter to Holt. Then I was off to UPS to send the paperwork. It will arrive at Holt Thursday morning by 10:30AM. After they review it, they will forward for translation and then it will go to Vietnam. At that point we will be DTV- Dossier to Vietnam. It is so wonderful to have the dossier complete (almost).
No comments:
Post a Comment