Last week John came to the bank and we signed our Power of Attorney document, had it notarized, then John had the document state certified and sent it to Holt via FedEx. Seems appropriate since I did the running for the dossier. :) Then we received our acceptance documents of Linh from Holt and we read through those over the weekend. John again stopped by work so we could sign and have our signatures notarized. We're becoming regulars at the branch for notary services. This time I took the documents to UPS after work and barely had time to put my documents in the envelope before the carrier arrived for the last pickup of the evening. Just in time! Today I copied and compiled the remaining documents to submit with our I600 to Holt. I will send those tomorrow to Holt, however, they will not submit for processing until our power of attorney is sent to Vietnam.
After I send the documents tomorrow, basically we wait for MOJ, USCIS and DOJ approvals. We will need to have an update to our homestudy, since it was done last September and the study is only good for 12 months. But we have a bit of time before we need to do that.
In the meantime, I am putting together a photo album to send Linh, along with a letter (recommended by our agency). The photo album will include photos of our house, me and John, and some extended family. The intent of the photo album is to familiarize Linh with us and her future surroundings. Our agency sends packages out each week to Vietnam, so I would like to have the album and letter sent early next week. I will send a couple of outfits to Linh as well. Last week Carters was having a Super Duper sale. Couldn't pass it up and bought about 10 outfits in 9 months, and 10 outfits in 12 months. I'm going to send a couple of the 9 months. I have learned that we will be traveling in December or January and the high temperature at that time of year is 67-70 in Hanoi which is where we will be the entire time. Now that I know this, some of the summer onesie outfits I bought will probably be too light for Linh. I may need to go back and exchange some of the outfits.
1 comment:
So glad to hear you're getting through all that paperwork. It's nice to have it all done. Now the fun part... more waiting :)
Post a Comment