My mother and I went to Ikea today. I love that place! We filled up my Honda with goodies for Linh- a chair, rugs. and light fixture for her room, essentials like bibs, potty, step stool. Grammie of course picked up some soft toys for her. She couldn't resist. I came home and John arrived with a nearly new dresser from one of his Navy friends. It is perfect. We had planned on refurbishing the one I used growing up - but now we will have one less project. I will put new knobs on it to match the color in her room. We will try to paint her room the weekend after Labor Day. Then we can start loading the room up - I'm looking forward to that! It is going to be so fun putting it all together. It has been fun planning too!
Other than planning and shoppping- we are waiting for an email from Holt with some news. Hopefully we will hear something soon.
1 comment:
Sounds like your shopping trip was a HUGE success! I just got a rocker for Adria's room & really need to get started on the paint so I can feel like I'm doing something to be ready for her.
We, too, are waiting for that Holt email...I talked to Minnie on Thurs. & she didn't have any news.
Enjoy getting ready!
Sheri, David, Micah & Adria--in Hanoi
Post a Comment