We have been told that approvals are taking longer right now in Vietnam. Our hope to be in Hanoi with Linh or home with Linh by Christmas may not happen. We heard from our agency that travel may still be this year, but it may not happen until January. We are not alone -there are at least 3 other families that I know of waiting to bring their children home from the same orphanage. It has been 18 weeks since we first saw Linh. I really hope we are more than half way through our wait.
I have one suitcase packed with gifts for the children at the orphanage, the staff, and officials. I used our large suitcase. I am relieved that I started shopping early. I have been able to find some good deals on gifts. I have the tissue paper, ribbon and just about all of the needed gift bags. There are a couple of gifts I still want to pick up- but since they are Sanders chocolates (made in Michigan) I need to wait until travel. Those of course will go in my carry on luggage. I suppose its good that I used a large suitcase- this way when we do travel we will have a lot of space for souvenirs from Vietnam! I tested out packing Linh's things and it appears I can fit everything into our smaller suitcase. Once her room is set, I will wash her clothes and pack the suitcase. John and I need to try to fit everything in one other large suitcase. We have another small one we can use but I just can't see us walking through an airport with 2 big suitcases, 2 small suitcases and 2 carryons. It sounds like so much luggage. Plus a baby on the way home!
We STILL have not finished bedroom which is why I have not posted photos. The freshly painted vent covers have been installed. It is amazing how much paint can accumulate on vent covers over 54 years. It took a number of steps to remove all the old paint before they could be painted white. The new light fixture is hanging. The walls are painted. The hold up is the casing for the door which John has removed, sanded and is restaining. And we need to finish painting is the floor molding. The plan is to finish that up this weekend. We'll see how it goes...
5 comments:
I sure hope you travel before the end of the year.
Can't wait to see pics of her baby room all done :)
Hang in there! We are praying DN and Hanoi families move faster than they are saying! We are thinking about you all!!
We're waiting right along with you...I talked to Minnie today & she was hoping & praying that we travel BEFORE the end of the year, but we all know nothing is set in stone! We certainly are praying for Dec!
Sheri, David, Micah & Adria--in Hanoi
Praying that you travel sooner. I know it would be great to have her home for Christmas.
Have fun doing the room. I know during our wait, things like this were a much needed distraction.
Post a Comment