It has been a long time since I posted - life has been so amazing and busy with Linh. I finally decided to revisit the blog so that I can record this new chapter in our lives. I just checked Holt's website, and its official. Our dossier was officially logged into China on 10/11/2012. Yes, that's right, we are adopting a child from China. We are very excited. Linh is looking forward to being a big sister. We applied a year ago to the China Child of Promise program with Holt. It took a while to compile our paperwork for homestudy. Mostly because the holidays were right after we applied. Then the dossier was a bit more involved. We had one document rejected by the Chinese consulate, which meant that we had to go back to my doctor for a new notarized letter, have it state certified and then sent again to the Chinese Consulate in Chicago. And we had to hire a courier to bring two documents to the Chinese Embassy in New York. Those were John's birth certificate and my employment letter. My employment letter also needed county certification after the notarization and before state certification. I am so relieved to have the dossier completed.
I do know that every step was so worth it. A year from now, I will probably have forgotten how frustrated I was when I received the call that our document was rejected. Maybe. Maybe not. But a year from now, maybe we will be preparing to travel to bring Linh's little sister home. Or maybe Linh's little sister will already be home.
1 comment:
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!
Excited to follow along for your #2!
Post a Comment