Thursday, March 19, 2009

Another humid day in Hanoi

It is humid during the summer in Michigan but I think it is more humid here. Or maybe its because we are walking around carrying a 20 pound little girl. On average, John is taking 3 showers a day. Mostly because he is the one carrying Linh in the Baby Bjorn.

This morning John, Linh and I went to the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum. We had to take turns going in because Linh was too little. So John went first while me and Linh sat on the steps with about 5 or 6 men who talked to us. They were very friendly. Unfortunately my Vietnamese has not improved much since our drive from the airport 13 days ago. I know they asked our names and I told them. And I told them I was American and that Linh's father is American (they asked about her bo).

We had pizza from Jaspas for lunch. I never expected that I would be eating so much pizza in Vietnam. (I am not complaining) Then off to the U.S. Embassy. We had our interview and then were told to come back about one hour later to pick up visa. The woman interviewer did say that Linh looked like a very happy little girl and she was glad to see that. We walked down the street to a cafe and had some soft drinks and a hot sandwich of butter and sugar. Then we went back at 4pm and picked up Linh's passport with the visa in it. Yay! We can bring Linh home! Looks like we are staying until Tuesday as originally planned. No available flights from Seoul to Chicago.

Here are some pics-
Linh finishing breakfast.
Sound asleep Linh. Do the pj's look familiar Laura? Thanks cousin Emma.
Hanging out on the boat waiting for lunch.
Playing in the room with Daddy.

2 comments:

Jessica Alvarez said...

Congratulations on Linh's visa! Enjoy your last few days in Vietnam!

Hank said...

Wishing you fun with Linh in these final days in Ha Noi. A fun place in a beautiful country. We found everyone there so friendly to us (minus the cabbies who tried to pull the wool over our eyes :-) ).