Tuesday our passports arrived via overnight mail with our Chinese visas! We are set to go to China! Now we just need a couple more approvals.
We continue to wait for our Article 5 to be issued by the US Consulate. Originally we expected to wait 2 to 3 weeks. It as been more than twice that long. However, the email with our NVC was not received by the Consulate and had to be resent. Then the offices were unexpectedly closed for a few days in May. Hopefully 6/7 we will receive word Article 5 has been issued. This means that my hopeful plan of flying to China on 7/4 is not going to happen. Now I'm hoping we are in the 7/18 travel group.
The process was moving quickly until this step. And I know realistically that we will be traveling this summer. I really should not complain but the wait is just getting hard. I am ready to go and bring our little girl home.
No comments:
Post a Comment