The flights are booked. Hotels and in country arrangements are nearly final. In two and a half weeks, we will be in China. Our Article 5 was finally issued 6/7 after a painfully long wait. We were expecting 2 to 3 weeks to wait. I know delays are to be expected in the adoption process and we have been truly fortunate that all other steps/approvals were received very fast. So I should not complain. But it was a tough wait. Then a week ago, Holt emailed us very late Friday afternoon to let us know Travel Approval had arrived. I didn't even see my email until Saturday morning. It was a fantastic way to start my Saturday!
This week in addition to the travel arrangements, we have been starting to put a plan together of what and how we will accomplish all that is needed to be done. I know - it seems like we have had so much time to prepare, but there are always things that can't be done until you have confirmed dates. So now I have my packing list. I have my to buy list. I have my to do before travel list. I have a honey do list for John. I have a work list. I have a list of things to do when we return home. I have a master list to keep all my lists organized. I think I may need to create a spreadsheet of what needs to be accomplished. It might be more efficient.
The best part is when most of my lists have been crossed off - because then we get to meet Gigi!!
No comments:
Post a Comment