Thursday, March 12, 2009

Update Day!!

We received our update for Linh yesterday or maybe Tuesday (Obviously I have been a very poor blogger these days). I posted a couple of the pics (last 2). I didn't expect the update, but it is great to have more pics of Linh!
John has been claiming to see a smirk here and there from Linh but this morning at breakfast we both saw real, honest to goodness smiles! She even laughed. It was wonderful. Today is the third full day with us.

She has not been feeling well- we took her to the SOS clinic yesterday. Holt VN staff set up appointment and brought us there. She had a cold which we had been treating with meds from orphanage, but it turned into bronchitis. So now we have new meds which we started last night. She seems to be feeling better today which may be why we finally saw a smile. There are 3 other Holt families here. It is great to meet after communicating online for so long. We are going to get a group picture of the kids tomorrow morning.

We did go to Hoam Kiem Lake one day and to the prison aka Hanoi Hilton on Sunday. We hope to get out a bit more once Linh is a little better. The last 2 days we have really kept a low profile and spent lots of time around hotel. We are really adjusting to being parents. I have to say, by the end of the day, John and I are both exhausted. Last night we stayed up until 9pm. Woohoo!

We have gone to Al Fresco's 2 times - they have really good pizza which I keep bringing back to hotel- it is a great snack. Sunday we also went to Big C. It was overwhelming- so many people. I will try to be better about updating blog. Here are some pics- I know that's what everyone is looking for-








11 comments:

Hank said...

We recvd our update too when we were over there. Hope Linh gets better soon. MAKE SURE YOU GO TO THE VINE FOR DINNER TOO!!! Oh and I know T&C will say Mamma Rosa's too! THat is really good too! Glad you all are having fun as a family!!

Cheryl F. said...

Congratulations!! She is beautiful.

Cheryl F

Cathy Colson said...

Congratulations you two! It's so wonderful to see the pictures. Linh is adorable! I look forward to meeting her soon.

Annette said...

I'm glad that Linh is feeling better. Hopefully she'll continue to get better and give you guys lots more smiles!

Jessica Alvarez said...

What great update pictures! I hope Linh feels better soon.

MamaGray said...

Hi Suzanne!

Kristen gave me this link, and i've been reading your blog this evening. First of all...CONGRATULATIONS! This is all so exciting! Looking forward to reading more...

Safe travels,

Katie Gray

Stevens Family said...

Awe she's so precious! Sorry to hear she's been sick but glad that you were able to get her seen so quickly. Sounds like she's on the mend already. Can't wait to see the pic of a three kids too.

asian~treasures said...

So glad the meds are helping Linh feel better & start to show you her true personality. It's fun to watch our kids emerge, isn't it?

See you later at the playroom. : )

Sheri, David, Micah & Adria

Our Family said...

What a cutie pie! Congrats family!!

Laura said...

Suz and John -
She is adorable!! We can't wait to meet her. How is Linh feeling now? How has it been going the last few days?

vasta said...

Hi Suzie, John and Linh! What a beautiful little girl and such a lucky Family! I can't wait to meet her and kiss her up! Take care and have a great time! Vince